|GENERAL ADMINISTRATION OFFICE
Hong Kong Baptist University has been awarded funding under Job Creation Scheme 3.0 supported by the Government to create employment opportunities. The General Administration Office now invites applications for the following post:
Legal Officer (PR0545/22-23)
- Prepare and review tenders and other contractual templates such as procurement matters, knowledge and technology transfer projects, construction, film production, etc.;
- Review, formulate and prepare policies and procedures on compliance matters;
- Conduct research on general commercial, intellectual property, data privacy, equal opportunity and other areas of law; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferably a qualified solicitor in Hong Kong with at least 4 years of post-qualification experience;
- A bachelor's degree from a university in Hong Kong, or equivalent;
- Extensive experience in contract-drafting;
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (preferably including Putonghua);
- Good presentation and communications skills; and
- The ability to work independently and under tight timelines.
For those with less experience but with potential in taking up this job, the Office will consider appointment at a junior post.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit for a written test and an interview. The appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of one year.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (https://jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those who are not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University's Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at https://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 31 May 2023