FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
DAVID C. LAM INSTITUTE FOR EAST-WEST STUDIES (LEWI)
LEWI is a consortium of 28 universities from North America, Europe and Asia. The Institute, with Hong Kong Baptist University as the host institution and base, was established in 1993 with the aim to foster inter-disciplinary social science research and cultivate collaborative scholarship between the East and the West.
Research Associate (PR0700/21-22)
The appointee is responsible for assisting in securing key grants and other funding opportunities. He/She will identify local and international funding opportunities, coordinate the preparation of grant applications, and liaise with internal and external partners and funders.
- Research and identify grant opportunities from domestic and international sources;
- Liaise with internal and external partners and funders;
- Coordinate and support the preparation, review, and submission of grant applications;
- Coordinate academic activities such as conferences;
- Manage and update a funding sources database; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A master’s degree with 4-5 years’ relevant experience or PhD in social sciences or relevant disciplines;
- Experience in grant writing, application, and administration;
- Experience in coordinating office activities;
- Good research and writing skills;
- Good interpersonal skills in engaging with a wide range of stakeholders of varying interests; and
- The ability to work both in a team and independently.
We encourage international applicants to apply.
The initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of one year. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications using the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not being invited for interview 8 weeks after submission of application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised. The appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications is ongoing until the position is filled.