HKBU is now pioneering a new school-to-work learning initiative in Hong Kong, CLAP-TECH Pathway, leading from secondary school to tertiary education, with multiple entry and exit points. Funded by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, CLAP-TECH provides authentic learning opportunities and meaningful employer encounters including mentorship, workplace learning, industry exposure and internships. CLAP-TECH complements the existing mainstream education system by offering an Applied Learning course at the senior secondary level and an under-development Higher Diploma programme. CLAP-TECH is built upon a tripartite partnership of secondary schools, university and industry partners to foster talent development in information technology as the first track, with supporting industry partners including IBM, Microsoft, Towngas, UBS, ASTRI, Equinix and more. Given the early success findings in the first track, HKBU is now launching a second track in creative media, and is inviting applications for the following position to lead, manage, coordinate and develop this evolving learning pathway. For more information, please visit www.claptech.hk
Assistant Manager [Role: Curriculum Development Manager (ICT)] (PR0140/21-22)
Reporting to the Project Director, the appointee is responsible for the development and management of an Applied Learning course (ApL) at the senior years of the secondary school and a higher diploma programme (HD) in the field of ICT.
- Work closely with the School of Continuing Education in the design and revisions of the ICT curriculum (ApL and HD), such as contents of information sessions, promotion seminars, and taster activities for Form 3 students and their parents/guardians at partner secondary schools;
- Oversee the development of the ICT track’s teaching manual and pedagogy report for the ICT Applied Learning course “Tech Basics”;
- Recruit and oversee curriculum writers for continuous curriculum materials updates;
- Design contents and coordinate the “Train-the-trainer” professional development workshops for the programme management teams, instructors, and the teachers at the partnership schools;
- Provide input for the Other Learning Experiences of the CLAP-TECH pathway and logistics support; and
- Take part in evaluation and research activities of the CLAP-TECH Pathway.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with at least five years of relevant work experience in the ICT industry, and/or in curriculum development or teaching experience in secondary schools/higher diploma courses;
- Strong link with industries and professional bodies and acquired relevant professional qualifications will be an advantage;
- With a good understanding in project management and research would be an advantage;
- Good ability in data analysis and report preparation are preferable;
- Mature, detailed-minded and highly self-motivated with strong communication and problem solving skills; and
- An excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of two years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk
). Those not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications will begin in late Sep 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.