HKBU is now pioneering a new school-to-work learning initiative in Hong Kong, CLAP-TECH Pathway, leading from secondary school to tertiary education, with multiple entry and exit points. Funded by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, CLAP-TECH provides authentic learning opportunities and meaningful employer encounters including mentorship, workplace learning, industry exposure and internships. CLAP-TECH complements the existing mainstream education system by offering an Applied Learning course at the senior secondary level and an under-development Higher Diploma programme. CLAP-TECH is built upon a tripartite partnership of secondary schools, university and industry partners to foster talent development in information technology as the first track, with supporting industry partners including IBM, Microsoft, Towngas, UBS, ASTRI, Equinix and more. Given the early success findings in the first track, HKBU is now launching a second track in creative media, and is inviting applications for the following position to lead, manage, coordinate and develop this evolving learning pathway. For more information, please visit www.claptech.hk
Manager [Role: Senior Manager (Strategic Promotion and Branding)] (PR0142/21-22)
Reporting to the Project Director, the appointee is responsible for overseeing the overall branding and publicity matters of CLAP-TECH Pathway as a whole and serving as the strategic leader of the Creative Technology and Innovation track.
- Oversee publicity management and execute publicity strategies, including campaigns for CLAP-TECH brand building, and working with the contracted PR agency;
- Synergise the relationships and activities between schools and industry partners to ensure maximum exposure to media and stakeholders;
- Promote the CLAP-TECH Pathway by attending conferences/talks/organisation meetings such as Hong Kong Association of Careers Masters and Guidance Masters (HKACMGM) and associations of heads of schools;
- Monitor the overall resource utilisation of the Creative Technology and Innovation track (including budgeting, planning, resource management, staff management, time management, risk management, etc.) and oversee the preparation of quarterly reports for funder;
- Assist partner schools in reaching out to other non-participating schools, educators and bodies, identify new opportunities and monitor similar programmes (if any);
- Provide input into the design of other learning experiences of the CLAP-TECH pathway and provide logistics support; and
- Take part in evaluation and research activities of the CLAP-TECH Pathway.
- A bachelor’ s degree in Marketing / Communication or a related discipline with at least eight years of relevant experience in Creative Industry or related industries;
- Proven success in marketing and branding services;
- Strong link with media and influencers in Hong Kong;
- Mature, organized and able to multi-task;
- Strong communication, project management and problem solving skills; and
- An excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of three years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk
). Those not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications will begin in late Sep 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.