Assistant Finance Manager (Treasury Section) (PR0311/20-21)
The appointee is expected to assist the Finance Manager in supervising a team of eight accounting staff to carry out the following duties:
- liaise with internal and external parties for managing the University’s investment portfolios;
- handle treasury functions including cash management, fund management, bank administration, etc.;
- forecast cash flow projections, make funds available, prepare business plans for new investments/projects of the University and implement necessary infrastructure set-up;
- oversee the University’s payment processing to suppliers, staff and students;
- liaise with tax agents, legal advisors, banks, master custodian, external auditor and regulatory bodies to ensure full compliance with relevant laws, rules and regulations;
- assist in accounting operation, financial management, budgeting and auditing of investment portfolios;
- prepare financial modeling and business proposals for new projects; and
- perform ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
Applicants should have/be:
- a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of seven years of experience, including three years of supervisory experience, gained from sizeable company (Big 4 experience is a plus);
- a qualified accountant with membership of a recognised professional accounting body;
- strong analytical mind, good interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and willingness to accept new challenges;
- relevant work experience in handling payment processing, treasury functions and Oracle Financial System will definitely be an advantage;
- good numerical sense and detailed-minded in planning/execution;
- strong leadership and organisational skills in coaching, motivating and retaining talent;
- ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; and
- a good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Mandarin.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a proficiency test.
Work location: Tsuen Wan Campus (Address: Riviera Gardens, No. 2-12 Yi Lok Street, Tsuen Wan, NT)
Reference salary range: HK$40,000 – 65,000
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of two years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 14 May 2021